We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Little miss Charlotte just turned two! I can’t believe I have a full-fledged toddler. Time is a cruel mistress, friends.
For her party, I tried thinking about all of the things she loves right now.
- All things Minnie Mouse
- Running around in a space where I wouldn’t need to be redirecting her every few minutes or telling her ‘no’
- Cheese Pizza
A few friends had mentioned Playgrounds to me, so that was the winner. They were so gracious, and the staff there were on point. They made the entire experience seamless and easy. I actually got to enjoy time with my guests while watching Charlie play with her friends. Plus, I didn’t have to go home and clean up afterwards. Totally worth every penny. If you’re in Arizona, definitely check them out!
We picked up most of her Minnie Mouse decor from Party City, but even that was pretty minimal. Playgrounds provided color coordinated tablecloths and balloons, so it saved a lot of time and money. I ended up grabbing just a few staple pieces and that was it!
Finally, on to the main reason I am even creating this post! I wanted to share with you guys some ideas for good dollar store favor finds. All in all, the bags for 12 kids cost me around $12.50!
- Bubbles: You can never go wrong. The dollar store has a great selection of bubble items, from tiny bubble guns to small bottles of bubbles with wands to go with. It’s an inexpensive way to keep the kids entertained.
- Crayons: Who doesn’t love to color!? You can easily grab a 4 pack of crayons and throw that in the goody bag for the kids to take home and draw with.
- Playdoh: I was able to snag two eight-packs of mini jars for TWO bucks! Such a great activity that even the older kids can get in on.
- Stickers: I grabbed a few packs of Minnie and mickey stickers, then folded a sheet into their bags. Something fun they can play with at home or use for crafts.
- Candy: Yes, I’m ‘that’ mom – Mind you, I didn’t get anything with nuts, just to be on the safe side; but I picked up some fun candy bracelets, ring pops, and dum dum’s as a little something extra.
- Bags: Comes in a pack of 25! They have a few different colors, and all come with ties as well.
*Something to note, I always give the bags directly to the parents, never to the kiddo. This way, the adults can go through the bag and decide what they want to allow their kids to have; especially for the littler ones.
I had a lot of fun putting these together! Each guest also got a balloon on their way out. As Charlotte gets older, it will be fun to get more creative for her parties while trying to thrift as much as possible. You don’t have to break the bank to throw a great party!
Links to the items shown in pictures:
- Minnie mouse cupcake stand
- Minnie Mouse cupcake toppers (gold and pink)
- Minnie Mouse cupcake toppers (black and pink)
- Charlotte’s birthday outfit